Fiction editing services for fiction and book writers
Our editors have a knack for fiction editing. Elite Editing knows how important your story is to you. Our fiction editors will do their best to ensure that your work is free of any small errors that get in the way of your fascinating tale. Elite Editing can provide an extra set of eyes in the creative process. So relax: you’ve come to the right place if you’re looking for a fiction book editor!
What is fiction?
Fiction is writing that comes from the imagination. While fiction may be connected to a real person or event, the author can take liberties regarding the details. Fiction is one of the most freeing kinds of writing. The sky is the limit when it comes to your imagination and the stories you can create.
How do you write fiction?
There is no one true way to write fiction. Think about J. K. Rowling and Ernest Hemingway. Both are fiction writers, but you cannot find any two styles more different in tone and voice. Instead of worrying about fitting in a particular fiction “box,” think about your audience. Who would enjoy your story? Whom do you write for? The audience will help dictate the style, syntax, and vocabulary you choose to use.
While you can write fiction in an almost infinite number of ways, many works follow a basic structure:
- Beginning: The beginning introduces the main characters and provides any exposition. It often shows readers the daily lives of the characters before the plot kicks into gear.
- Confrontation: This can be considered the same as rising action. Some event or person has triggered a change in the quotidian of the story. For example, in Star Wars, Luke meets C3P-O and joins him to search for Obi-Wan. This is the trigger for the rising action.
- Climax: The climax is the emotional height of the story. It can be action based or psychological. It is what the action has been building toward, and the choice made at the climax dramatically changes the trajectory of the plot. For example, in The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Frodo and Gollum fighting for the ring at the top of Mount Doom is the climax of the book.
- Denouement: The denouement is the falling action. This includes everything that happens after the climax. This can involve tying up loose ends and creating a new quotidian for the characters. It leads to the final resolution in the work.
If your story doesn’t fit exactly to this structure, don’t worry. Some of the most beloved books in literature have strange structures!
Fiction editors, whether freelance fiction editors or employees of fiction editing services, can help you keep your style and tone consistent.
Get a FREE QUOTE for Our Fast, Reliable, Professional Services!
We’ll help your business deliver a professional document tailored to your target audience. With us on your team, you'll get the best results.
Fiction Editing Services
Elite Editing knows how important your story is to you. Editors for fiction will ensure your work is free of any small errors. Fiction book editors can provide a crucial extra set of eyes in the creative process.
Our fiction editing services include the following:
- A review of the work for spelling, punctuation, grammar, and syntax
- An examination of story structure, cohesion, and clarity
- An overview of the formatting for simplicity and flow
- An evaluation of voice, tone, and mood
Elite Editing’s fiction editing services will help make your story come alive.
1. Writer’s Digest, “The 4 Story Structures That Dominate Novels”
2. She’s Novel, “Three Awesome Plot Structures for Building Bestsellers”