Who we are
Elite Editing is a full-service editing and writing firm dedicated to producing high-quality content for a wide variety of clients.
Who you are
You’re an experienced and adaptable editor looking for steady, varied work that you can do at home in a way that suits your life and schedule.
You strive for perfection in everything you do, and you love to say yes to new challenges. You might be an experienced independent contractor looking for a more collaborative work culture, or you might be new to freelance work and unsure how to start. Either way, you’re looking for people who will appreciate your talent and expertise—and that’s exactly what you’d find at Elite.
The required responsibilities/skills include the following:
- A working knowledge of AP style and access to the current AP Stylebook
- Following process guides and engaging in collaborative work
- Reviewing and assessing short articles for meeting style, grammar, and content requests
- Requesting revisions from writers as needed and giving encouraging feedback
- Recognizing when writers are not improving and communicating to the team
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
Here’s a little more information on the senior editor and developmental editor positions:
- Location: Work from anywhere! This position is freelance and remote.
- Workload: This is flexible; however, we love when freelancers accept work consistently.
- Pay: Pay is $0.01 per word, and there is typically plenty of consistent work available.
- Volume is the key to success on this service line—the more words you take, the faster you get! And the faster you get, the better the return on your time investment.