Who we are
Elite Editing is a full-service editing and writing firm dedicated to producing high-quality content for a wide variety of clients.
Who you are
You’re an experienced and adaptable editor looking for steady, varied work that you can do at home in a way that suits your life and schedule.
You strive for perfection in everything you do, and you love to say yes to new challenges. You might be an experienced independent contractor looking for a more collaborative work culture, or you might be new to freelance work and unsure how to start. Either way, you’re looking for people who will appreciate your talent and expertise—and that’s exactly what you’d find at Elite.
- You’re a top-tier editor comfortable with The Chicago Manual of Style, 17th edition (parts I and II; part III, which governs citations, is less applicable at Elite—we truly mean style and grammar!).
- You have three to five years of experience in editing or more than five years of copywriting experience, or both.
- You have twenty or more hours a week available for projects.
- You respond quickly to project requests, work and communicate well with a team, and light up at the thought of engaging with an established, detailed process.
- You’re adept at Microsoft Word and the Google suite of applications.
Here’s a little more information:
- Location: Work from anywhere! This position is freelance and remote.
- Workload: This is flexible; however, we are looking for some editors who can commit to a minimum of twenty hours per week.
- Pay: Pay is based on the project type and service line, but project pay is based on a minimum $25/hour rate, with higher pay available based on volume and expertise.
- We offer two tests for this senior editorial position. You can take one or both of them.