Press release editing services by Elite Editing will help you create accurate, attention-grabbing news releases for your target media outlet.
Let Elite Editing help you optimize your content for release and make your facts and newsworthy content shine!
What is a press release?
A press release, or news release, is a summarized news story. Public relations professionals create them. Press releases are meant to educate the press about a situation or event.
How to write a press release
All good press release examples look professional and are attention grabbing. Press releases often involve a client of the public relations company. Press releases need to reflect well on this individual. A poorly worded press release can lead to the client looking elsewhere for representation.
Because the press receive hundreds of these releases a day, the press release must be attention grabbing. It should clearly say why the story is unique and newsworthy.
Often, press release format includes the following:
- “FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE”: This phrase should go on the top of the page in the left margin. It marks the paper as a press release.
- Headline: The headline needs to be attention grabbing so that it piques the interest of journalists and reporters.
- Body Copy: The body copy includes the pertinent story information. It will also include relevant dates and locations of the story and any other facts.
- Contact Information: Include the best way to get in touch with you and your company. When possible, also include the contact information of the individual the release is about and contact information of relevant sources (people or businesses).
- “###”: It looks strange, but three hash symbols centered under the last line of the release indicate the release has ended.
The press release answers the six golden questions in journalism: who, what, when, where, why, and how.
Press Release Editing
Press releases need to look as professional as possible. Our editors can offer objective, professional opinions on your release’s content. Press release editing will make sure the press release has all the needed elements before you send it to the media.
Our press release editing services include the following:
- A review for spelling, grammar, and syntax
- A fact-check for the details
- An overview of the basic structure
- An evaluation of the voice and tone
Publish a professional press release with the help of Elite Editing and our press release editing services!
1. Huffington Post, “8 Tips for Writing a Great Press Release”
2. Guardian, “How to Write an Effective Press Release”