- Can you tell me more about the collaborative editing process?
You can submit a Writer’s Brief form, which is your chance to let us know exactly what you’d like to achieve or where you’re having trouble. We suggest that you give us some examples, like these:
- “This is 13 pages, and my limit is 10, but I don’t know how to shorten it without sacrificing content.”
- “The opening doesn’t seem strong enough.”
- “Publishing this would be a huge win for my career.”
Of course, you can also submit a document without a Writer’s Brief; this is simply an option we offer to make our editing and proofreading services as customized as possible.
- My document contains personal or confidential information. How do I know it’s safe?
Elite Editing keeps every submission completely confidential and will never share your personal information. Documents and payments submitted through the website are secured by an SSL certificate with full authentication and 256-bit encryption.
- I’m new to your services; how can I know what to expect?
One way to get to know us is to submit a smaller piece initially. For example, if you’re working on a thirty-page paper, you could submit just the executive summary as a start. We’ve found that we quickly earn our clients’ trust.
- Can I submit an entire manuscript, dissertation, or other large item for editing?
It’s best to submit long documents in segments of fifty pages or fewer. For submissions longer than fifty pages, we will discuss the appropriate time needed to carefully edit your document.
- What editing styles do you follow?
We edit in MLA, APA, and Chicago styles. If you have a style preference, please indicate this on the Submit Your Document form.
- What will my document look like when you return it?
You will have two documents returned: one with changes clearly marked, one completed with all changes incorporated. Click here to see a sample document.
- If I send you a hard copy or a pdf, how will you return the changes?
If you mail or fax a hard copy, we will return the edited changes however you prefer. Please indicate on the Submit Your Document form how you would like your document returned.
- What if I e-mail a copy but would prefer to have the changes sent back to me in a hard copy?
No problem. Just indicate this in the Writer’s Brief section on the Submit Your Document form, and we’ll follow your instructions.
- How long will it take for Elite Editing to review my document?
Elite Editing is committed to delivering your document on time based on your request. If you have a large submission or have a rush request that does not fit with the timetable listed under Pricing, we can discuss timing with you.
- How will I know the final price?
Our costs are clearly outlined in the Pricing section, and there are no hidden fees. If the price you estimate on your form is different than the actual cost, we will let you know and give you the adjusted price.
- Are other services available through Elite Editing?
Through our years of editing experience, we’ve developed a network of freelance consultants, editors, writers, and designers in different fields of expertise. If your needs go beyond proofreading and editing, let us know. We’ll be happy to speak with you to see how we can help, whether it’s sending you a qualified referral or taking on a special project.