(Writer and Interviewer)
Elite Editing is seeking a seasoned interviewer and writer to craft customer-centric, technology-focused marketing materials for our Fortune 500 tech clients. Technical Storytellers work with our clients’ customers via live interviews to create case studies, blog posts, and social media copy. This is a contract role and we are primarily seeking individuals who are available for interviews in non US time zones, 7pm-11pm EDT and Midnight-6am EDT.
Responsibilities of a storyteller
- Research technical topics and industries to prepare for interviews and writing.
- Meet with clients virtually to discuss how best to convey their intended message.
- Lead interviews and meetings with customer stakeholders to learn the details of their story.
- Create a story outline based on the customer interview.
- Write engaging, on-brand case studies and blog posts in line with a client-specific style guide.
- Collaborate with internal teams to follow and improve relevant processes.
You’ll be at the top of our list if you have…
- Relevant experience in tech or IT-related writing and/or journalism.
- Experience interviewing and building rapport with subject matter experts and thought leaders.
- Experience writing customer stories, case studies, or thought leadership pieces.
- Prior agency experience and understanding of agency/client relationships; you won’t be coordinating or managing content approvals, but familiarity with that process is valuable.
- Available 20 hours a week (or more!) for interviewing and writing.
- Available for interviews in non US time zones, 7pm-11pm EDT and Midnight-6am EDT
- Available to respond to work offers within 24 hours.
- Paid training
- Active queue interviewer rate: starting at $30 per hour*
- Higher pay rates are available after demonstrated consistency and quality.
Application steps for storytelling
- Download the writing test and complete the test.
- Submit your three best clips, preferably in the technical journalism/storytelling space, along with your completed writing test and résumé.
- Selected candidates will be invited to a 15 minute screening call.
- Selected candidates will be asked to conduct a mock interview with an interviewing lead at Elite. They will be given materials in advance to prepare for the interview. Successful candidates will then be hired and move into a training status.