Professional cover letter editing services from Elite Editing will help you craft the perfect letter for any potential employer.
A cover letter is often included with a résumé in a job application submission. A résumé includes work experience and other relevant information. A cover letter is more of an opportunity to tell a story about your experiences and enthusiasm for the job.
How do you write a cover letter?
A cover letter should be as professional as possible. This is your opportunity to show your prospective employers your enthusiasm. List the unique attributes you can contribute to their success.
Often, the main textual points of a cover letter will include the following:
- Contact Information: Include your name, address, e-mail address, and phone number. Write this clearly, and format it correctly. If employers love your cover letter, they need to know where they can reach you.
- Salutation: Find out who will be reading your cover letter. Addressing the person by name in the salutation will make the cover letter look more personal. If you can’t figure out who will be reading it, “Dear Hiring Manager” or “Dear Sir or Madam” will suffice.
- Introduction: State which job position you are applying for. The introduction should also contain the hook. Summarize your experience and the reason you are perfect for the job.
- Body Paragraphs: Explain your qualifications and work experience. Write the letter with the job listing in front of you. Use it to refer to the individual requirements of the position.
- Closing: Summarize your skills and qualifications one more time. Also provide contact information. If contact information is not given at the opening of the cover letter, then include it at the end. The key is to be confident without sounding arrogant. Let the employer know that you will follow up in some way if you do not hear back. Employers often see follow-ups as a reiteration of your enthusiasm for the company. A simple follow-up could be the first step to employment.
It is especially important for ESL speakers to write a cover letter with correct syntax and structure. Avoid using English idioms.
Get a FREE QUOTE for Your Project Now!
Our expert editors and proofreaders are ready and available with affordable and personalized professional services.
Cover Letter Editing Services
Cover letter proofreaders at Elite Editing have exhaustive experience helping individuals with job applications. Our editors will help you craft the perfect cover letter to show your passion and professionalism.
Our cover letter editing services include the following:
- A review for grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- A comprehensive look at the syntax and structure
- A comparison to standard cover letter templates
- An evaluation of the clarity and style of the letter
Elite Editing will help you snag your dream job with the perfect cover letter.
1. The Writing Center, the University of Wisconsin–Madison, “Writing Cover Letters”
2. Harvard Business Review, “How to Write a Cover Letter”