Professional résumé proofreading services from Elite Editing will help you prepare the perfect résumé.
A résumé is a quick summary of the qualifications an applicant has for an open job position.
How do you write and edit a résumé?
A résumé needs to be easy to follow and understand. Your work experience should only include the most essential information. Employers will give résumés a brief skim. If the résumé is strangely formatted or confusing, they won’t bother reading the rest.
A résumé will include the following:
- Heading: Include your name and contact information in a simple, attractive format.
- Objective: Objectives aren’t always needed in a résumé but can be useful. An objective statement is a brief summary of the purpose of the résumé. That can be as simple as “To gain employment with a company I admire,” or something similar.
- Work Experience: Work experience is the meat of the résumé. It is often useful to tailor your résumé to the job. Look at the job description. Make sure your work experience shows that you are able to handle the tasks described. It is imperative to also add locations and dates to this section.
- Skills: Include a skills section to bolster the résumé. Highlight your hard skills, such as familiarity with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; the ability to type seventy-five words per minute; or that you’re familiar with office machines (depending on the job description).
- Activities: Note skills and qualifications from outside of your professional life. This can include working as a community leader, volunteering, and having a relevant hobby.
A résumé is different from a cover letter. It is important to be mindful of the differences when completing the résumé.
Get a FREE QUOTE for Your Project Now!
Our expert editors and proofreaders are ready and available with affordable and personalized professional services.
Professional Résumé Proofreading and Editing
The résumé editing service at Elite Editing will help you create the perfect résumé for any job. Put your best foot forward and show how you are uniquely qualified for the position.
Our résumé editing service includes the following:
- A proofread of the résumé for grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- An overview of the layout of the résumé
- An evaluation of the syntax and voice of the résumé
- An evaluation of the résumé’s success in communicating your qualifications
Take the first step toward your dream job with the perfect résumé.
1. Purdue Online Writing Lab, “Résumé Workshop”
2. The Interview Guys, “How to Make a Resume 101 (Examples Included)”